Debra, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
10263656

Was extremely helpful with her previous advice regarding

Debra was extremely helpful with her previous advice regarding child support. I have several (5-6) more questions on a variety of subjects related to my son. I can send a copy of the final agreement I signed for her review if she wants to see it before answering. I'm happy to pay for all of my the questions individually, but I would like to send them all at once later tonight. Is that possible?

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am here and will be online for most of the time until much, much later except that I have to feed kids at some point.

When you are read why not send the agreement to this post with your question.

Then you can post each of your other questions on new posts and just be sure to say this is for Debra as well. So then I will be the one to answer.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That's what I like about you. Very clear communicator. Hope you feed your kids soon! :-) The last question I asked you was about paying for a cell phone for my son. My ex hated your answer but never challenged it. Nice
work!, I've attached two documents, for background

They aren't attached.

Can you try again?

Thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've attached two documents, the original parenting agreement. I then had to take my ex back to court to get any overnight visitation. which resulted in the modified agreement. Sooo stupid. It took two years, had four hearings in family court and I won all four hearings. The Canadian courts were very fair in my case. Slow, but fair. My questions aren't so much about what is in the agreement as it is specific questions about family law in Ontario. So here's the first question. My son is 14 years old, lives with his mother. He has a MILD developmental delay, coriginally diagnosed as very mildly autistic. He is main streamed in school now, extremely high functioning. He is in a terrible environment with his mother. No drugs or alcohol issues, no physical abuse. However, constant screaming,tremendous mental abuse. His mother has said she will never let him leave her home (because she wants someone to be with her).. She holds a professional position and is well educated. She's just a terrible parent. First question: Given what you know up to this point, when does my son have a majority say in where he lives and how is that determined? He loves being with me and I think (don't know for sure) he may want to live with me. But his mom has already told him lies to discourage that. For example, at one time she told him if he lived with me, he would never see his grandparents. etc. Just a lot of game playing and it breaks my heart. I'll sedn my other questions later tonight Debra. Don't know how your schedule works but if I could hear back from you on al the issues in the next 2-3 days that would be great.

I will answer all the questions before I go to bed to night if I get them all. The only reason why that would not happen is if I have problems with my Internet. I had problems all yesterday and the day before but today so far it's fine. Rogers is not sending someone until Wednesday though, sigh.

14 is well into the age where courts consider the child's wishes quite heavily in most cases. So as long as your child is articulate and presents as clearly understanding the issues an assessor, if needed, would likely conclude that your child's wishes should be given much weight.

That coupled with your evidence should make your case particularly strong.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Well, my internet went down last night at home which is why I couldn't send my other questions. My email exploded with something like 7 messages from the Just Answer website which I found very confusing. Did you ever get the attachments I sent? It shows they went over at my end, but that that doesn't mean you got them. Your response answers my first question. I will release payment (if I can figure out how to do that with all the messages). Should I just send you the rest of the questions then per your message last night?

I do have the two attachments.

My Internet is still fine. I am sorry about yours.

I don't know what any of those messages say. Sorry!

I answered a short while ago on your new post. I am available when you need me.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Debra. Are you able to talk live now for a few minutes? I think you have my number.