A recently applied for a business loan with BDC. They

A recently applied for...

A recently applied for a business loan with BDC. They utilized a screening company to check financing. Mintz Global screening told BDC that I went bankrupt in 1988. This is false information as I enquired about bankruptcy in 1988 but never went thru with it. When I contact Mintz they said it was conditional bankruptcy and and was never finished. Is it legal for them to keep this information after 30 years? also they provided false information. What can I do bout this?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?

Sorry, I am Canadian.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

BDC (business development corporation) called me to tell me this information so Mintz still has the info on file.

1/15/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Where did Mintz Global get this information?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not know. This is the first time this has come up in 30 years. I have purchased many homes and cars since with no issues

This company is not to blame. They just do screening. So they did a number of searches and this came up.

You can contact Equifax and TransUnion and ask why this would come up in a search when it was 30 years ago. I don't see how it could be in their records though.

You can also do a search of the Bankruptcy and Insolvency records with the government and see what that shows. I suspect that is what they did. If there is an error you would then deal with the government:

https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/scr/bsf-osb/ins/login.html?lang=eng

I hope that helps as a starting point.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Debra, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will rate you as excellent above. I do not like how the web site is sneaky and shows no integrity in how they try to get more money from the customer.

I am sorry to hear that.

But I will always be here if you need me.

Debra, Lawyer