I am a permanent residence card holder in canada,i am about…

Customer Question
Hi,i am a permanent...

Hi,i am a permanent residence card holder in canada,i am about to apply for citizenship but my son got charge with possession of marijuana under 30gram and he is 17years old,so i dont know if it will be possible for me to apply for his citizenship?

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

I am pr card holder with no pending applications or petitions

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Like what?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He went to court 4 days ago for first appearance and to return on the 30 of january 2018,

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
1/15/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

He will not be able to get his citizenship with a pending criminal charge.

As soon as the matter is dealt with you will be able to apply. There is not much likelihood that your child will be convicted given the minor seriousness of the crime so this should turn out alright but you should wait and see what happens and hold off applying.

Does that make sense?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?