My Mother is 90 years old and has put aside an inheritance…

Hello My Mother is...

Hello My Mother is 90 years old and has put aside an inheritance for me of$20000.00. Her concern is I am on a Long Term Disability through Manulife financial through my work and collecting a CPP disability on a monthly benefits. How will this inheritance affect .y continued benefits. Will i get cut off? Is there something she can set up in her will to allow me to get this inheritance without affecting the benefits i receive monthly which i live on. i am 55 years old and have been on disabilitynfor 7 years with 0 hope of returning to work. Any advice ypu give me and my mom would be very helpful. Thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ontario canada

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I have my documents from manulife and cpp stating on ltd

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just what kind of documents my mom needs to have to secure not getting cut off

1/13/2018
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

What do your LTD from Manulife provide?

A monthly income of $1600.00 plus extended health benefits prescriptions dental glasses etc
5

The inheritance will not affect your entitlement to either the LTD benefits and payments or your CPP Disability benefits. Neither is needs based but both are based on entitlement.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

I am not sure why but this question is back on my open list. If you tried to post again I didn't get so can you please try one more time?

Thanks

Am i rquirrd to report it to ltd or taxes?

No.

Inheritances are not taxable.

Thanks

You are very welcome.

But please be sure to rate me so that I can receive credit for my work.

Thanks and take good care.

Debra, Lawyer