I was in a vehicle accident last night on the 401. I lost…

Customer Question
I was in a...

I was in a vehicle accident last night on the 401. I lost control off my truck on snow covered black ice, hit the median and spun out. Before my vehicle came to a halt on the shoulder another vehicle made contact with the rear of the vehicle. The police arrived about 30 min later and said they had to charge me with careless driving. They wrote the citation and I went home. This morning the Constible called me, and said I had given him the ownership for my trailer, which was not involved in the incident. He now says I have to meet with him, so he can issue a new ticket. My question is are my rights being infringed upon at this point? Should he not have realized that last night? Every question I have asked him, he responds with a catch all answer, and I don’t want to cooperate with him anymore, unless I am legally obligated to. If he made an error, can he not amend it in court? Why does he have to waste more of my time after I went through such a stressful incident. I didn’t get home until 2am and he called and woke me at 5am. What are my legal obligations here?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

This is Ontario Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

They issued a police report on their end, that’s all I am aware of.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Don’t think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/13/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.