Are you in canada? I am in Ontario. Im not sure. I received…

Customer Question
Hi. are you in...

Hi. are you in canada?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in Ontario

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Im not sure. I received a phone call about an accident that I was involved in christmas eve. the officer on the phone was very threatening plus I had just woken up.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He asked who was driving the car, I told him I was but he said he did not believe me....My boyfriend was with me at the time of the accident so he got out of the car and handled the situation since it was my first accident and I was in shock.It was not our car so he gave the person a fake name and number but told them it wasnt ours, it was a car sharing program, which he told the person involved He does not currently have a license and I am afraid they will try to arrest him due to my mistake. I meant to provide his name as my witness, but I was scared and confused

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 5 days by:
1/17/2018
Lawyer: Ulysses101, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Ulysses101
Ulysses101, Lawyer

Hello, I'm sorry you weren't answered earlier. But I'm here and saw your question.

Were charges laid? Any updates?