I bought a membership with the Unlimited Vacation «Club

Customer Question
I bought a membership...

I bought a membership with the Unlimited Vacation «Club while in the Dominican over Christmas. I made large downpayment & was going to pay off the balance this month. However it is not what it was made out to be. The contract says I must pay 50% of the total to cancel. Wondering if here is a way to get around that.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

I live in Alberta, Canada and I haven`t talked to anyone else yet

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
1/10/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

There are no lawyers from the DR on this site. I can try and assist you but I am a lawyer in Canada.

Would you rather I opt out?