I am a Person with Disability. I feel that I was fired

Customer Question
I am a Person...

I am a Person with Disability. I feel that I was fired because they did not understand me or I did not understand them. I asked for a representive, gardian, to be by my side but my employer, Whole Foods would not let me have one. I was scared to sign forms about by termination, they said I had to sign the forms. I would like to see a legal counsel on what I can do. Thank-you Justin Jaeger

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Canada BC

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

No union, full time

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
1/9/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

You cannot see me or any lawyer on this site. I can explain the law if that will help. I can also suggest how to find a lawyer in BC if that will help.

That is why I am on this site. So, you are not a Canadian lawyer in BC? I can and have tried seeing a lawyer, but seems everybody is busy or something. So lets see what you have for helping me in finding a lawyer in BC. Labour relations / PWD type of back ground experience. Victoria BC area. Tks

I am a lawyer in Canada but the lawyers on this site cannot act for the customers. It's against the site's rules.

What you can do to find a lawyer is one of the following things.

You can contact the BC Branch of the Canadian Bar Association and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be $25.

The number is:
(###) ###-####or 1.***-***-****.

Or you can check on a site called lexpert. This is a legal directory of leading lawyers and law firms throughout Canada and is well-respected by the legal community.

Here's the link to their website:

http://www.lexpert.ca/directory/find-lawyers-or-law-firms/

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

why am I paying for work that I have to do. I except the 5 dollar fee as posted. But not the 50 dollars that says I have to do the yellow page walking. Plus the frightening pace of extra charges coming at me for phones calls and so on. I really do not belive you are a lawyer, just some one with info to other web sites. Sorry please do not charge me. Tks

I am most assuredly a lawyer. I am a senior lawyer. I don't work for the site. I've not charged you a thing. But I do know how the site works and no one said the cost was just $5.

As well, you are being most unfair. I said clearly that no one can act for you on the site. Then I asked you if you wanted me to explain the law and also suggest how to find a lawyer. All you asked for was information on how to find a lawyer. That was your choice. I was happy to do more. I was also happy to do nothing.

But to say go ahead and explain how to find a lawyer and have me spend the time on the question including going to so far as looking up phone numbers and providing links and then turn around and complain is a bit much. You seem to think it's fair for me to work for free. That's troubling and puzzling. It's also unusual as most people don't expect that.

The call is an additional cost as it's an option you were being provided with by the site. I did not make that offer to you. I would not have.