I need your assistance my son is a holder of a Canadian

Customer Question
Dear Pearl I need...

Dear Pearl I need your assistance my son is a holder of a Canadian student permit which expires in 2020. He had travelled to the United Kingdom on holiday and was due to fly back today to resume his studies at a University in which he is enrolled. I understand he needs a travel document/visa how does that work does he need a travel document or visa over and above the student permit that he holds? I am confused am Kindly requesting for your assistance. If so please advise who issues the visa as he needs to go back to university to resume his studies.

Lawyer's Assistant: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?

Let me check Please give me a few minutes

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

He has a temporarily resident status restored as per R182 which expires in 2020

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that is all l have he is due to resume classes and dont understand why he needs a visa or any document separate from a student permit that he holds

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Canada Law
1/9/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

What is his citizenship?

What documents did he need when he first came to Canada?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!

Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor