To day I found my daughter was given the wrong medication.

Customer Question
Hello.To day I found...

Hello.To day I found my daughter was given the wrong medication

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

In Montreal

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

After one week using this medication ,my daughter lost 1.5 kilogram.she was full of stress .she was nauseous

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She has disability and because of her stress and anorexia her doctor gave her a medication for one year.but this month pharmacy gave us wrong medication

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/9/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

How old is your daughter?

What has the pharmacy said about this mistake?

Are you asking about suing them for damages?

My daughter is 20 year old with disability. She had 10 surgery and because of her stress and her anorexia she use medication. She told me sorry and we give you 30 tablet free and my boss call you for fixing the problem.I told them I sue you.

They think it's OK to simply give you some free medication?

Has your daughter seen a doctor since this happened?

No. Only myself found there are something wrong with this medication.

If you want to sue them you will have to prove they were negligent which should be simple here. You have to prove they owed your daughter a duty of care which they clearly did.

But you also have to prove damages and you cannot prove damages without a medical report and ultimately, if this goes to court, you will need to have a medical expert testify.

So if your daughter is luckily OK because you discovered this on time there is not likely any way to sue them successfully. At the same time they don't want to take any chances so it may work for you to have a lawyer send them a letter demanding damages and threatening a lawsuit. They may offer something to avoid court.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?