My wife, and I have a 2003 dodge together. Its been paid off…

Customer Question
My wife, and I...

My wife, and I have a 2003 dodge together. Its been paid off for about a year and a half. Both names are ***** ***** title. I went and got a loan, and put a lien on it. I didnt sign her name. But she has flipped out saying she wants a divorce, and she was telling the police. Did I make a mistake?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet. I mean I have had the loan for 3 months

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
1/8/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

If you didn't sign her name how did you get the loan with her name on title?

The 2003 ram has both of our names on title it is paid off. I went to the bank took out a personal loan and just put a lien on truck. I didn't sign her name

Was the bank agreeable to your allowing them to register a security interest on the Ram even though your spouse didn't sign and agree?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!