Can I negotiate with a. I'm in Alberta Canada. I was sent a…

Customer Question
Can I negotiate with...

Can I negotiate with a

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I'm in Alberta Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes I was sent a statement of claim and application stating harassment and asking for a restraining order against me

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm not sure whether or not to fight it or allow it?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
It is from an ex boyfriend I had been with for over 5 years . He is asking for a restraining order for his place of work and residence , 200 meters , no contact with him or anyone he knows etc. I have no reason to ever go to his residence or close to it , but he works In Downtown area of the city I live . I attend sporting event , social gatherings that this restraint order would prevent me from attending . I want to lesson to perameters of the R.O ?
1/8/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Are you asking if you can negotiate with your ex boyfriend to settle what he has asked for in the claim?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!