I handed in an application to boardwalk on thursday january…

Customer Question
I handed in an...

I handed in an application to boardwalk on thursday january 4th with a money order for security deposit. I did not receive response about approval or denial of my application and due to circumstances will no longer need the suite I applied for. It has been within 2 business days and I got an email back saying they where taking my security deposit for loss of revenue and advertising fees. My application was for february 1st

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Alberta Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Do I have legal right to the security deposit I paid due to the time frame I made my decision?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
1/7/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

But what is boardwalk? Is this for a lease and if so is it for a residential or commercial unit?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!