Is there a charge if my ex gave me a key to his apartment…

Customer Question
Is there a charge...

Is there a charge if my ex gave me a key to his apartment and I use it when he is not present

Lawyer's Assistant: What province are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Ontario

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None, he came in my home and took a book with all my passwords, and a few other item which belonged to me and I was just going to retrieve what he took

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Called the police but they did nothing

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
1/7/2018
Lawyer: Ulysses101, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Ulysses101
Ulysses101, Lawyer

Hello, thank you for the question.

So each of you has a key to the others' residence even though you're not together anymore? Did you ever live together?