I screwed up at work due to sleeping pills I think & was all…

Customer Question
I screwed up at...

I screwed up at work due to sleeping pills I think & was all alone on the job ...and people suffered for ( no hospital but uncomfortable) - I got the pager screwed up somehow & it is a union job - but I have not heard from them in 3 days now & will be meeting discipline very soon!

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

This is in B.C. Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

First discipline meeting happened on Thursday ...they are continuing investigation :-( I wanted to take time off for personal issues - but there were no replacements available ....I'm so crushed that people suffered...but am scared too what will happen ( & I want to change careers now - I feel too awful to continue & no more shift work for me :-(

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that's it for now?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
1/6/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

But what is your specific question?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!

I am unsure of whether I could be sued for negligence (accidental!) & also am unsure if it would be better for me to resign?

You cannot be sued. You are the employee so your employer could be sued but you cannot.

There is no reason to resign if you are hoping to keep your job. Just have the union try and fight for you.

If this is a one time occurrence and as a result of your personal situation that is not a usual situation then there should be consideration that you won't do it again, that you are remorseful etc.

Do you see what I mean?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Also, your other questions were posted on the US law list. You should disregard the answers there.

But also, I noticed that you are not rating your answers. I help you months ago and didn't get paid for my work.

Please go back to that post and rate me and when we are done rate me here also. The rating is done by clicking on the stars at the top of the page. If you don't rate the expert that expert does not get paid.