My friend helped my other friend change his tires on his car…

Customer Question
Hello , my friend...

Hello , my friend mike helped my other friend ***** *****ge his tires on his car and accidentally caused a little damage (aprox 1000$) mike offered to help fix/pay but is he legally required to? thanks

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Ontario canada, '14-'15

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
1/5/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear that this happened.

It is not likely the case that a court would say that Mike has to pay anything. He is not a professional who was negligent but rather than a friend who was helping and inadvertently cause damage.

Someone is only liable if they were negligent or caused intentional damage or if they are a professional and their service fell below acceptable standards.

Does that help?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.