My daughter was managing a Boston pizza and was doing so…

Customer Question
My daughter was managing...

My daughter was managing a Boston pizza and was doing so based on an agreed salary of 40K plus other benefits. she was surprised one day to see a new hire in the same position as hers. The new hire has no experience but is a friend of the major owner and is now advising my daughter that her job is now as a server which represents a demotion two levels down without cause. She has been asked to sign a paper waiving her rights by the new manager, she refused to do so and now has the form in her position.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Is she protected on salary, justifiable on wrongful demotion, there are harassment areas and sexist comments involved as well. She is in the province of Quebec canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet but all is backed up with witnesses and her own documentation along with her previous boss, past part owner of the restaurant.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that I am asking this as a parent and that my daughter is unaware of me asking these questions.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
1/5/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this. What do you mean when you say she now has the form in her position?