Question: Can I form a Canadian company and register a

Customer Question
Question: Can I form...

Question: Can I form a Canadian company and register a Canadian partner and get permanent residence?
The company's export activity for health care products

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Vancouver

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
1/5/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Unfortunately, that will not work.

Opening a business does not give you grounds for permanent residency. You would have to find grounds. The most common one and perhaps the only realistic one right now would be for you to immigrate under the express entry program for skilled workers. If you are a skilled worker you should read this information:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry.html

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?