We defaulted on our timeshare maintenance fee 16 months ago,

Customer Question
We defaulted on our...

We defaulted on our timeshare maintenance fee 16 months ago, expecting Bighorn Maintenance in Radium would take it back. The developer advised they don't want it back. Our debt has gone to a collections agent.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you thoroughly reviewed the contract?

Yes. It says they 'may' buy it back after 16 months default. We offered to sign it over to them.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I don't think so yet. I talked to the collector yesterday and he said Bighorn didn't want it back.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is there a way to get out of this contract?What is the fee please?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
1/3/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Is this in BC?

Were you misrepresented about what you were signing up for in any way?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!