In Alberta if a parent has intern custody with the other…

Customer Question
In Alberta if a parent...
In Alberta if a parent has intern custody with the other parent having visitation can that parent. Is there a distance that restricts the parent that has intern custody from moving. The parents have not met for mediation and are in the process of setting up a meeting when the parent that has visitation received notification today that pick will be 60km away. Please help regular lawyers office closed. Thank you
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
1/3/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

The parent cannot move the children 60 kms away without the other parent's consent unless they first get a court order.

The fact that the parent as interim sole custody does not in any way mean they can move the children out of the jurisdiction. The cannot.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?