Can a higher Education institution refuse admission to a…

Customer Question
Can a higher Education...

Can a higher Education institution refuse admission to a Canadian citizen who have met prescribed requirements?

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the school located? And is it a public or private institution?

In Saskatchewan province

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you spoken to a local attorney or school administrator? What is your ideal outcome for this situation?

I have, but I am asking this question under assumption

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
1/3/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

A university does not ever have to make anyone an offer of enrollment and only a certain number of students are offered enrollment each year.

The only time they would be acting unlawfully would be if you were denied admission because of discrimination such as because of your race, colour, gender, sexual orientation.

Does that clarify the law even though it is not what you were hoping to hear?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?