Connect one-on-one with a verified lawyer who will answer your question

Debra, Lawyer

More related answers
All lawyers are VERIFIED
Question on the new Canadian citizenship law passed April 17,
LawyerProfessor, Lawyer
Question on the new Canadian citizenship law passed April 17, 2009. I was born in the US. My mother was born in Canada in 1922. She moved to the US in 1936 with her parents and lived in the US until h… read more
I hold dual citizenship in Australia and Canada (born Canadian
Law.Hut
Law.Hut, Lawyer
I hold dual citizenship in Australia and Canada (born Canadian but live in Australia). My husband and I are interested in moving back to either Canada or USA to be close to family. If we apply for USA… read more
I am I thought a US citizen, born in the Us of Canadian parents
Debra, Lawyer
I am I thought a US citizen, born in the Us of Canadian parents who retained their Canadian Citizenship. Am I eligable for dual citizenship or what is my status… read more
Hello, I am a Canadian citizen, born outside of Canada.
Debra, Lawyer
Hello, I am a Canadian citizen, born outside of Canada. I obtained my citizenship through my mother, who in turn got her citizenship from her father who was born in Canada. I am married to a Chinese n… read more
i AM 50 AND MY MOTHER WAS BORN IN CANADA. AM I ENTITLED TO
D.A.M.
D.A.M., Principal Attorney
i AM 50 AND MY MOTHER WAS BORN IN CANADA. AM I ENTITLED TO CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP MY FATHER WAS VORN IN THE USA BUT MY MOTHER WAS NEVER A CITISEN>CAN I BECOME A CXNADIAN OR AM I I ALSO HAVE NEVER BEE… read more
I am applying for my Canadian proof of citizenship
Debra, Lawyer
I am applying for my Canadian proof of citizenship (currently US Citizen). My father was born in Canada in 1904. He emigrated to the US in 1926. I was born in the US in 1945. The only proof of my fath… read more
I am a US citizen. My mother was born and raised in Canada
Debra, Lawyer
I am a US citizen. My mother was born and raised in Canada and forced to give up her Canadian citizenship to become a US citizen when she came to the US to work as a registered nurse and then married … read more
my daughter was born in Portugal and she has both citizenship
Debra, Lawyer
my daughter was born in Portugal and she has both citizenship (Canadian and Portuguese) I want to issue her a Canadian Passport however, her father name is XXXXX XXXXX birth certificate. he has no leg… read more
I was born in Canada in 1946 and my family emigrated to USA.
Debra, Lawyer
I was born in Canada in 1946 and my family emigrated to USA. In 1963, my parents renounced our Canadian citizenship to become US citizens. I was a minor at that time and had no choice and wish to rega… read more
I am a born in Canada, Canadian citizen. My partner however,
Debra, Lawyer
I am a born in Canada, Canadian citizen. My partner however, is an immigrant from China. She has an adult child she wants to join her here in Canada this year. I am wandering what my financial respons… read more
My Daughter is 12 years old, and will turn 13 in February 2009.
Debra, Lawyer
My Daughter is 12 years old, and will turn 13 in February 2009. She is a Canadian citizen born in Canada. Her mother remarried and moved to Arizona in June 2006, after living 10 years in Canada. My da… read more
My mother was born in Canada in 1920. She lived in Canada
Debra, Lawyer
My mother was born in Canada in 1920. She lived in Canada until she married my dad, a US citizen, in 1954. She took a class and test to become a US citizen. At that time she had to renounce her Canadi… read more
My mother was born in Canada 1914, she regain her Canadian
Debra, Lawyer
My mother was born in Canada 1914 , she regain her Canadian Citizen in 1992 , I as a daughter born in 1946 can I apply for Canadian Citizenship?? … read more
My Mother was born in Canada in 1926 and we have her Canadian
Debra, Lawyer
My Mother was born in Canada in 1926 and we have her Canadian birth certificate. I was born in Britain in 1962 does that mean I can apply for Canadian citizenship… read more
Do I qualify for citizenship in Canada Im a US resident but
Debra, Lawyer
Do I qualify for citizenship in Canada? I'm a US resident but my father is a born Canadian and is currently a resident in Canada (and has been all his life) as well as all of my relatives on my father… read more
My maternal grandparents who are now deceased were born in
Debra, Lawyer
My maternal grandparents who are now deceased were born in Canada and were Canadian citizens. My mother was born in South America(because her father worked for Standard Oil and was stationed there). M… read more
1) Do i qualify for Canadian citizenship by descent
CanLawyer
CanLawyer, Lawyer, mediator
1) Do i qualify for Canadian citizenship by descent? born in US, 1955, to Canadian mother (still living in America, & NOT a naturalized US citizen). MY BIRTH WAS NOT REGISTERED IN CANADA AT THE TIME. … read more
my child born in canada the year of 2000 and in 2005 she also
Debra, Lawyer
my child born in canada the year of 2000 and in 2005 she also get the citizenship which is her parents born her mother left the country with my child as a vacation and she necer came back i flu there … read more