Need a lawyer familar with airbnb. BC Vancouver well

Customer Question
Need a lawyer familar...

Need a lawyer familar with airbnb

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

BC Vancouver well whistler for my property

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No just some questions

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have a property in Whistler and they are cracking down (whitler counsil and I want to know my options

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
1/2/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Is this about a strata?

No. I have a duplex free hold own property in whistler and I want to know if the bylaw is passed and they (whistler city council) can fine me for short term rentals when supposedly by property is in an unzoned for nightly rentals but a bed and breakfast next door exits

They can fine you if you breach the by-laws. They cannot do this retroactively but can for any rentals you have after the by-laws are passed.

I suggest that you speak to your municipal elected official and ask them to fight this. There is no real other way to take this on unfortunately.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?