I am in working on F1 in US. I need to move to Canada. What…

Customer Question
I am in working on...
I am in working on F1 in US.
I need to move to Canada. What are my options?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
1/2/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Are you asking about moving temporarily or permanently?

Why do you need to move here?

My bf is in Canada. Hence I need to move, am looking to move permanently
Could you please reply via email

Are you going to get married?

Not anytime soon. Maybe after a year.

Are you a skilled worker?

I have a masters degree from a US university. Working wiht one of the major firms here.

You may be be eligible to apply for the express entry program as a skilled worker. It will only take about six months.

Here is a link to the information you will need:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry.html

And here is a link to an online tool that will give you a good idea if you will be successfully using this approach:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool-immigration-express-entry.html

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?