We have received notice of Pending Litigation against our…

Customer Question
We have received notice...

We have received notice of Pending Litigation against our property. Documents say to respond in 21 days.Question is from what date the date of filing in Nanaimo Court the postmark date from Land Title office, the date actually received. Thank you.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

This is in BC Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We received package on Dec 29,2017 this is first business day since

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

At this moment I need to know how many days we have left before papers are filed in Supreme Court of BC

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
1/2/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Did you get served with a statement of claim or notice of action or something of the sort or just the notice of pending litigation?

Notice of pending litigation, copy of mortgage etc.I do know what it is all about, I just need to know when does the time limit of 21 days to reply start. Mailing date, court registration date, or date of mailing

The 21 days does not start until you are served with a notice of application, a notice of application or a notice of claim.

What you've been told is that a lawsuit has been started. But you've not yet been served so you don't have to reply until you are served.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?