I've been divorced for 7 years and I still receive spousal…

Customer Question
Hi I've been divorced...

Hi I've been divorced for 7 years and I still receive spousal support and child support for my youngest child. HavIng said that my exhusband still takes every opportunity to criticize me and makes verbally abusive remarks by text message. Is there any legal action I can take

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I live in Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No and I don't currently have a lawyer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think it's important to clarify that my ex has narcissistic behaviors and has never really moved forward in his life even though he remarried. He is still focused on tormenting me and interfering in my personal life.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
1/2/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

How often does he text you?

Does he make threats?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!