A canadian citizen owes me $200k USD, he is not willing to…

Customer Question
A canadian citizen owes...

A canadian citizen owes me $200k USD, he is not willing to pay me back the money. I will need to sue him to claim the back payment. Can you help?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

It is in Ontario

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet, the due date for the payment is Dec 31st, 2017. He did not make the payment, and it is past due

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am a US citizen I have a signed IOU that the person I loan money to.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
1/2/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you asking how to retain a lawyer in Ontario?

please send recommendation on good lawyer in Ontario.
Please just send me the recommendations.

You can contact the Law Society and use their Lawyer Referral Service. You will be given the name of a lawyer and can consult with the lawyer and the first half hour will be free.

The number is:
(###) ###-####(within the GTA)

Or you can contact the law society online:

https://lsrs.lsuc.on.ca/lsrs/

Or you can check on a site called lexpert. This is a legal directory of leading lawyers and law firms throughout Canada and is well-respected by the legal community.

Here's the link to their website:

http://www.lexpert.ca/directory/find-lawyers-or-law-firms/

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?