I’m a refugee in Canada I’m a Nigerian my passport was

Customer Question
I’m a refugee in...

I’m a refugee in Canada I’m a Nigerian my passport was collected from me can’t I take it back

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Montreal

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I’m a refugee

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/1/2018
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Who has your passport and why do you need it?

B’cos I need to go back home
Pls just tell me how to get my passport back
My passport is with the Immigration
Pls just tell me what to do to get my passport back

Are you giving up your application?

Want can I do plssss
Plsss just tell me how to get my passport back and go home
That is all I need

You have to withdraw your application for refugee status. The form you have to sign is called form IMM 5317B.

You will have to speak to the contact centre tomorrow and ask how to get the form and submit it.

After you do that the passport will be returned to you.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?