Several resident in rental apartment are being servervely…

Customer Question
Several resident in rental...

Several resident in rental apartment are being servervely verbably harasses by another resident.We live in a pet friendly apartment and this one tenant is always harassing others as to their dogs .Its mostly directed towards seniors.Resident manager say it a police matter

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Sorry its british Colombia canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We have reported to manager on numberous occasions but has does nothing

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Theses people that this resident harasses are mostly seniors and some fear him

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
12/31/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Is he threatening people?

No not physically

Unless the harassment is persistent the police will not consider this to be criminal.

But the manager is entirely incorrect. Your landlord (through the manager) owes all tenants a duty of care and a duty to protect your right to peaceful enjoyment of your home. The landlord should be warning this tenant and if that doesn't work should be evicting the tenant. It is clear grounds for eviction.

If the landlord will not do this then each tenant should file a complaint with the Landlord Tenant Board and seek to have that tenant evicted and for a rental abatement for the time the tenant has been harassing them until the tenant is evicted.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.