I would like to know if there is a Canadian Government or…

Customer Question
Hi. My name is*****...

Hi. My name is***** would like to know if there is a Canadian Government or Provincial Government Agency that investigates reports of Residential Cyber Theft. I am talking about a complete take-over of the home computer and and both cell phone and Land Line phones. The computer affected shows a pop-up that actually says: "This Computer is being controlled by another computer. The victim has tried many times to get help but so far no one that came was able to solve the problem and left again. This includes two different cable providers and a city police investigator. None of these were any help. I have tried to find someone to help in the computer trouble shooting industry but they do not seem to know what to do about this situation either.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

This is in Canada in Alberta.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes. With the city Police. They do not seem to have anyone that can deal with this situation. Also the officer that is supposed to be in charge of this complaint has never replied to any of the many letters I have personally delivered to the Police Station mail room. I really do not know what to make of that.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This victim is trying to run a home based courier company and she lives next door to the people that are doing this to her. She is afraid for her life as she has been so threatened, and she is afraid this will run her out of business in time. She has reams and reams of eye witness evedence that directly points to the neighbor.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Canada Law
12/30/2017
Lawyer: Ulysses101, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Ulysses101
Ulysses101, Lawyer

Hello, thank you for the question. I'm probably going to tell you some things you don't want to hear, but you won't shoot the messenger, right? I'm trying to help you rather than just say whatever makes you feel better.

You're in Alberta. You're getting this message on your computer. Has anything like this ever happened before?

And what makes you think that your neighbours are involved? What are they doing?

Don't use details that can identify anyone, please.

PLEASE RE-READ THE LAST PARAGRAPH. It is not MY computer and phones that are tapped into. If it were I would not be allowed to send a message of this type to anyone. The equipment belongs to my BOSS who is not in my house but her own. She KNOWS it is her neighbor that is doing it. She has literally years of evidence, all of which points directly at her neighbor. I cannot possibly type all that in this letter. I am not asking you to prove who it is. We already know that. Her home care staff has verbally threatened my boss. My boss is not even sure why they are doing this although she has her suspicions. It does not matter why. What these people are doing is a crime. My boss has no privacy. She cannot use the equipment she is paying for. The woman who is doing this has a son who is an electronics expert. He is setting up this spy system for the mother. Every time she makes some mistake and her system fails she calls her son to come and fix it. While she is waiting for him my boss suddenly has a perfect system that works fine. An hour later the son leaves and my Boss is right back to where it was before.. Its`so bloody obvious it is not funny. This has happened several times.I hope you are getting the picture here.
I want you to get back to my original question. Who in this Province can I contact (on my Boss`s behalf) that I can trust, to take this seriously and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT BEFORE IT IS TO LATE. At this rate she will end in bankruptcy or worse yet, she will be dead.
Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor