My bank has just put a lien on my bank account for 244.00…

Customer Question
My bank has just...

My bank has just put a lien on my bank account for 244.00 for a grocery chain credit card without notifying me, i now am short to pay my rent. is this legal

Lawyer's Assistant: What province are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

British columbia

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothin, its christmas and they already paid out the funds, didnt know who or what to do

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes..my payments are up to date this was a mistake of an overage by the presidents choice credit card co.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
12/29/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Is the PC card affiliated with your particular bank?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!