I only want ...., do you remember me about my wife passing…

Customer Question
I only want Debra....Debra, do...
I only want Debra....Debra, do you remember me about my wife passing on January 16-2016 and how the funeral director refusing my wifes last wishes and refusing me my rights to any decision making?? this is Jennifer
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
12/29/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Yes I sure do.

How are you and what is going on?

Debra I did get 50% of the ashes august/September. I have had a lot to deal with that I'm working with doctor on. I'm having trouble with this lexpert site who to contact as a lawyer. I believe you told me I had two years to file against him. Its December 28th is it too late to do so??

If the claim arose on December 28th, 2015 then it's now too late to sue. I am sorry about that.

she passed January 16th.
she passed January 16th 2016
how long would attorney need to do everything and serve the funeral director?

Then you have to start the claim by January 16 but you don't have to serve the funeral director before the 16th. The claim just has to be issued by the Court.

A lawyer could do that in a day.

Debra I know that your a retired attorney and this is an every day thing to you. I need help what to do...what to say...do I write everything in a nut shell of the events and fax it to them? Do I talk to someone and tell them.....if I want a really really good attorney how do I know that they are? I looked on the lexpert site and as I told you I'm finding partners...I really need a great attorney that will allow me to sue and to do contingency fees?

You have to retain the lawyer first.

It is very hard to find a lawyer now. Starting next Wed it will be easier.

Don't send a fax.

Just make an appointment, go in and tell them the facts and then they will likely draft the claim and send it to you for your comments and to fill in details etc. They would likely ask you for extra information after they draft the claim and them add it to the claim. When it is done they have it issued by the court and then served.

Debra I'm American remember? ....I live in Michigan. how do I do it from here? ;)

If you live near the border you can drive over.

Otherwise the consultation could easily take place over the phone.

ok when I look on the lexpert site it asks for a category. Nothing says civil litigation attorney. what other title would it be under for my case?

Have you tried to use the lawyer referral service?

what lawyer referral service do I use besides lexpert?

Try this:

https://lsrs.lsuc.on.ca/lsrs/changeLocale.do?method=english_next

Send this in tonight. Tell them the matter is urgent as there is a limitation period approaching in early January.

ok Debra I will do so. I'm sorry im trying to do what I can. My doctor said I have two trauma's one with her death and what the funeral director did. I just need your help. I may need to talk to you on the phone tomorrow....

I will be here if you need me.

You will find a lawyer though. You have time.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?