I have been told that I have to move because of something…

Customer Question
I have been told...

I have been told that I have to move because of something that another tenant may or may not have done. It has nothing to do with me personally except the tenant involved is my girlfriend and is now living with me. Do I have to move.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

I live in Canada and the province is Ontario

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I live in a townhouse complex and new owners are the ones who told me that I have to look for a new place to live

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
12/28/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Did your landlord give you a written notice of eviction?

Are you on a fixed term lease?

What is the reason?

No notice, no fixed term lease and the only reason given was for something that involved another tenant who is now living witg me, ( female )

Yes but what was it that the anther tenant did?

no

I am asking what she did. I need to understand what she did that makes the landlord want to evict you.

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!