I lived in a buliding for 5 years i pay 7 hundred for rent…

Customer Question
i lived in a buliding...
i lived in a buliding for 5 years i pay 7 hundred for rent now there is a new owner he is trying to raise it to 12 hudred a mounth
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/27/2017
Lawyer: barristerinky,
 replied 6 months ago
barristerinky

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Can you tell me what state this is in?.

.

Are you under a fixed term written lease or are you month to month?

.

And I assume your question is if this is legal?

.

Has the landlord given you any written notice of a rent increase?

.

.

thanks

i live in windsor ontario
Lawyer: barristerinky,
 replied 6 months ago

Ok, they put this in the US category... let me get you moved to the Canada law category..

all he said was he was going to raise the rent
ok so u r not talking to me no more
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

I am sorry to hear this.

Did you get a notice of rental increase in writing?