Can I ask you a couple more questions?

Customer Question
Hi Debra, can I ask...
Hi Debra, can I ask you a couple more questions?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Hello?
12/22/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am here now.

Please go ahead.

I went through all the times I have lent him money... can I add that to the total? I only have etransfers to prove it.Also what can I do for my car? He damaged my car about 8 months ago in the middle of the night and damages are over $1000. The only thing I have for that is a text saying “ya I owe you 3000, the car isn’t a big deal”
He has sent me a few transfers which I will take off the total

Yes you should add everything that was a loan and not a gift to the total.

He has a lot of nerve saying the car is not a big deal. So add what you had to pay to repair the car for sure.

How can I prove the small etransfers to the total? I only have proof that I sent the money. They range from $20 to $200

That is all you can show and it will also be your sworn testimony.

What does that mean?
How do I know he’s not going to turn it around on me and say “well she owed me those amounts of money, that’s why she etransfered them”

He may lie about it all. But that is expected. Judges are excellent judges of credibility and you are telling the truth so you will be believed and he will get caught in his lies.

I have emailed him letting him know that the amount owing has changed
I just didn’t tell him the amount, just stating that it will all be stated and explained in the paper work.
I will email him*
Or should I not let him know?

It doesn't really matter. The total will be in the claim and that is all that matters.

So do what you feel is best for you.

I have nothing to worry about? Even if he states “I paid her back in cash”?
He would have to prove it correct?
Also, a student can’t defend a client can they?

He would have to prove it.

No a student cannot act here.

This is what she had written me...Also here's some advice coming from someone who has reciently passed their second year paralegal at Mohawk. Wether you lent, gave or owed should have been properly documented from all parties involved. Emails & messages will not be enough to prove a loan, there are terms & agreements that must be made that you have clearly neglected to do. If it really was a loan.He does not need any evidence. Any judge would look at the fact that there is no agreement. Just silly emails and messages among each other. If it really was a loan it would unfortunately turn out to be a lesson you would hopefully learn for next time.Anywho in the event you do file, I will be present for the hearing Amanda. This would not be my first time defending. Not that he would need me in a case like this. I would just be there to speed things up.
The program is only 2 years at Mohawk as well so I believe she graduated by now..
Are you still there?

That is nonsense. I am surprised she passed if she thinks that is correct.

I've been a lawyer since 1985.

she is just trying to worry me?

Yes!

Is it even proper for her to message me if she was to defend him I’m court? Just a curious question

Yes because you don't have your own lawyer.

wouldn’t the judge think it’s weird that his very new girlfriend/friend would be defending him... wouldn’t the judge think that she’s just taking his side because she’s with him

That's actually not the issue. The issue would be her acting for someone she is in a relationship with which is always questionable though I doubt the judge would care.

Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 1 month ago

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Debra, Lawyer