I own a condo situated in the courtyard. recently council…

Customer Question
I own a condo...

I own a condo situated in the courtyard. recently council erected a wire fence(cage) 10X20 directly in front of my living quarters. 10 feet away. It not only has obstructed my view, but is an extremely ugly eyesore. it no doubt has decreased value of my property. This to supposedly secure a refuge area at bottom of stairwell. The stairs are a fire escape and can only be entered from the parkade into the courtyard. The cage is their attempt to make it impossible to enter from the top which turns out to be ineffective. Council refuses to remove it. What is my recourse?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Coquitlam british columbia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes many letters to council and propery manager

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Although other owners are concerned I am the only one that is directly affected as I face it square on.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Canada Law
12/22/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are the other owners who are concerned willing to support you on this issue?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!

Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor