My nephew has not followed any of his probation conditions.

Customer Question
My nephew has not...

My nephew has not followed any of his probation conditions. He is currently at my sisters and has been abusive and threatening to kill her if she phones the police. No one has been monitoring him to see that he is following his conditions. I'm afraid he's going to kill my sister if something is not done asap

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

I'm in Calgary Alberta Canada. This has been happening since he was released. He has failed to follow any of his conditions.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

What is a lawyer going to do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just that I think he needs to be arrested for this. If not I'm going to get someone over there to remove him. I will not sit by and watch him do this to my sister any longer.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/22/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Call 911 or at least the non-emergency number and tell the police what is happening.

He can be jailed for breaching probation.

He can also be charged with threatening her and that would place him under a no contact order and he could no go near your sister or their house.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?