Can an adult be charged with shoplifting after they have…

Customer Question
Can an adult be charged...
Can an adult be charged with shoplifting after they have left the store with the merchandise, under $300.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Can an adult be charged for shoplifting if they have left the store and gone home, yet they look at security camera footage several weeks later and find the person stealing. Can they then go to your house and charge you with shoplifting. How long could this be for, after a month that you shoplifted or a week or a couple of months? How often do stores look at the security camera footage to locate a specific person? If they find them stealing something, can the go back and arrest them?
CANCEL...TOOK OVER TIME LIMIT
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/22/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

The lawyers on this site don't work for the site. We are all practicing lawyers and come onto the site when we can. So you are not always going to get an immediate answer. That is especially true when you post late in the evening.

Do you want an answer? If not please ask customer service for a refund as your message to cancel is not read by customer service.