I am an international student studied in Canada. I want to…

Customer Question
Hello. I am an...

Hello. I am an international student studied in Canada. I want to sell books through Amazon, I am wondering do I need any license and how should I pay tax? Thanks.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

Ontario. Nop

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

Nop

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nop

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
12/21/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

You don't need a licence to sell something through Amazon. But you do have to ensure you are not breaching any copyright laws.

In terms of the taxes you would file a tax return and report your income as business income for tax purposes as you will not be an employee.

Does that fully answer your question?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?