I live in Ontario. A company has unfairly sent my account to…

Customer Question
Hi, I live in...

Hi, I live in Ontario. A company has unfairly sent my account to a collections agency. I tried explaining that several times to the people who called. In the last harassing call they made to me, they said it was now going to be on my credit report. I don’t know how to proceed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ontario, canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I’ve recieved a letter from the collection agency informing me that I have to pay the money. I’m not sure if anything has been officially reported yet. The woman yesterday on the phone (very sbusive) shouted st name that because I wasn’t cooperating they were going to now get in on my credit report. And then she hung up on me!

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The reason I’m disputing the bill ($ 1,327.75) is that they caused $800 damage to my house. I explained this to the owner of the company, sent a copy of the estimate to fix it, along with a cheque in the amount of $527.75

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Canada Law
12/20/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

I suggest you send a letter to the company and the same to the collection agency and tell them that you are happy to have a court decide on who owes what if anything but if your credit rating suffers damages you will sue them for compensation.

And if they do file a report with the credit bureaus you can sue them if they don't sue you first.

Does that help as a starting point?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?