Idrisi I live in Penticton British Columbia i am looking for…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** I live in Penticton British Columbia i am looking for help in a case that my ex-employer is cursing at me and cursing at my religion calling me gay and about my father not being with my family anymore is it possible that i can sue him for that i have all the txt messages in written

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

NO i haven't discussed it with anyone

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/20/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Were you treated this way while at work?

Did you resign or were you dismissed?

i was dismissed about 3-4 months ago because someone said in a review that the mangement is pathetic and manager/owner got so angry seeing the review and released all his frustration on me and blamed everything on me and fired me and hired his niece the incident of harrassing me happend avour 2 days ago because when i was leaving i told him if you are going to treat your employees this restro never gonna work out and thats whats happening now and thats why ho got frustrated and started cursing at me about 2 days ago(sunday night) he even cam outside my house 3 times just to beat me up
police is not helping me and just telling me to ignore but this is serious issue he knows everyone in this town that is why nobody is helping me

Did he call you names at work?

Nope at work he was never there everthing happend after i got dismissed

Then there is nothing to sue him for.

You cannot sue someone for being disgusting.

If he ever does physically harm you then call 911 and if he comes to your house and is threatening call 911 then too.

But you cannot sue someone who calls you names and that is all.

I am sorry about that but you do need the right answer of course so you aren't hurt further.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.