In October I was given notice that my landlord was taking me…

Customer Question
Hi there! In October...

Hi there! In October I was given notice that my landlord was taking me to the tribunal for unpaid rent. The hearing was held on the 5th of December. A few days later I received TWO letters in the mail from the tribunal. The first was issued Dec 7 stating that I had to move out by Dec 18 or on the 19 the landlord can contact the sheriff to enforce the eviction. The second was issued Dec 6 and states that 'the hearing to consider the landlords application to evict the tenant was not completed and the hearing was adjourned. Another date has been scheduled to continue the hearing at the time and place set out below'. My question is- due to the fact that it was adjourned does that mean the initial order is null and void or do I still have to be out by the 18th of Dec? I am in Ontario by the way! Thank you!

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Cobourg, Ontario, Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes an eviction order from the LTB was filed however so was an order that the hearing was deemed incomplete and was adjourned until Jan 30

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/19/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Was the hearing incomplete and adjourned or was it completed and you were waiting for a decision?