In the process of completing financial disclosure

Customer Question
documents...I run a not for...
in the process of completing financial disclosure documents...I run a not for profit horse rescue on the matrimonial farm...there are 20 horses here that were rescued from slaughter, and rehome them as I can. The intent is not to keep them. They are more of a liability than an asset, and their only true value is that of the price of horse meat...sadly. He believes they are an asset. I own them, not the not for profit which was set up only as a fund raising vehicle to support their care. So, are they an asset? or a liability?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/18/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

The way this works is you to not consider the horses separately from the horse rescue. Rather you would have to appraise the horse rescue itself. A professional valuator would understand after speaking to you how to include the horses in the equation.

Do you see what I mean?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Debra, Lawyer