Once a chlid is placed in an institution for handicapped…

Customer Question
Once a chlid is...

Once a chlid is placed in an institution for handicapped people does the parents still have legal right regarding the childs medical treatment , thei clid has never been signed over to the insiittution

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nova Scotia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just do we have rights as parents ?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Canada Law
12/18/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear of this difficult situation.

Is the child a minor?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!

Tom B.
Tom B.
Tom B., Barrister & Solicitor