If i have a driving prohibition in BC served road side, but…

Customer Question
If i have a...

If i have a driving prohibition in BC served road side, but reside in Ontario.. can i still drive in Ontario if i have an ontario license

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

This is in Canada,

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?

I have a promise to appear in febuary

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

First offence ever.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Canada Law
i was driving with a learners permit, no superviser with me at the time of the first stop while served prohibition road side. 2 months later i was pulled over for a license check & was caught driving prohibited & was served with a promise to appear.
12/19/2017
Lawyer: Daniel Freudman, Lawyer replied 8 months ago

In Canada, there is reciprocity between the provinces. This means that if you are prohibited in BC, you will also be prohibited in Ontario. As such, if you are caught driving in Ontario and the police see you're prohibited, you could be charged further with driving while disqualified.

Hopefully that answers your question.