Can you provide a narrative of legal responsibility of BC…

Customer Question
Can you provide a...

Can you provide a narrative of legal responsibility of BC Employers providing alcohol at a company sponsored event?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you documented this or discussed it with HR?

How would they meet their duty of care?

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time both management and union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Canada Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/18/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

Here is an excellent article put out by a leading Canadian law firm which will help you gain a good understanding of the issues:

http://mcmillan.ca/101850

And here is another excellent article that suggests the steps an employer host should take:

https://www.coxandpalmerlaw.com/en/home/publications/11-steps-to-minimize-employer-liability-at-the-hol.aspx

Please let me know if you have follow-up questions after reading these two pages.

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?

Debra, Lawyer