I am a Registered Nurse, who has been suspended 2, currently…

Customer Question
Hi! I am a...

Hi! I am a Registered Nurse, who has been suspended 2 , currently i am on my second suspension - 3 days. Union reps told me, they are going to grieve it, but it does take time. Issues, that my manager suspended me for, are quite vague, and not proven. My union rep - is actually working out of the same office i do, and my manager is hers manager as well. I am suspecting a conflict of interests there, since that union rep is clearly afraid of being punished. Therefore, I am in the middle of all of it. And since it did go to my second suspension already, they are clearly not doing their job. Grievance takes time. I am considering getting a lawyer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Canada, Manitoba

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time, mnu

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not sure, what exactly do they need to know i am open to questions

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
12/18/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this.

Are you asking whether you should complain against the union?

Did you get a chance to read my questions to you? I cannot answer you in a meaningful way until I gather the appropriate information. There is no charge for us going up and back of course.

Thanks!