I live in Brampton my dogs are in custody. They were deemed…

Customer Question
Hi I live in...

Hi I live in Brampton my dogs are in custody. They were deemed potentially dangers 1 1/2 years ago because of a minor incident as I was taking themto the backyard by myself one dog noticed something and started to pull me. The other followed suite. I couldn't hold on any more they were trying to go after a dog. The owner picked up but my dogs were able to get a scratch and a nip in. I covered the vet bill of less than $400 so it was a minor incident but were deemed potentially dangerous. I've had orders to comply and have done everything including getting my female fixed. I started to get my fence done the contractor hit the gas line 2nd day in and took off only the post were completed In the meantime after taking dogs out my daughter came to me and asked me to help her find her tires. She didn't close the sliding glass doors all the way enough for the dogs to get their nose in and opened and took off together and attacked a small dog that was tied to the tree in the front yard. We found the dogs not long after the incident on the walk routine. Animal services can and took both dogs and we have been charged. Last court date which I held over till Jan till I got more info together. At that time they were asking for the dogs to be destroyed and us fined

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And to clarify, can you tell me what paperwork has been filed?

Brampton ontario

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes we have been charged under the dog liability act because my dogs attacked another

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have proof that I wasn't neglectful this whole situation had entenuating circumstances one being incompetence of contractor if he had of got locate the fence would have been done.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
12/17/2017
Lawyer: Ulysses101, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Ulysses101
Ulysses101, Lawyer

Hello, thank you for the question, with what can I help you exactly?