I was recently declined an extension to stay in Canada after…

Customer Question
I was recently declined...

I was recently declined an extension to stay in Canada after being here for 4 years as visitor. what are my options now, can my aunt sponsor me. she is a Canadian Citizen and she works full time. I am 22 years old

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?

I am in canada on a Visitors visa. Not the US

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Thats basically it. Just need to know what my options are

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Canada Law
12/16/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am sorry to hear this but not surprised. A 4 year visit is exceedingly long. There was non likelihood that you would be able to continue as a visitor.

Your aunt cannot sponsor you.

You could be sponsored by a spouse including a common law spouse. If you don't have a spouse you will have to go home and then apply on your own. If you are a skilled worker that could work.

Or you can try and get a job offer and then apply for a temporary work permit.

I know that isn't what you want to hear but does that clarify the issues for you?

Please feel free to post back with any follow-up questions you may have. If you don't have any then I hope I have earned a 5 star rating but if you don't feel that I have please don't hesitate to reply back and let me know what more I can do to assist you. Finally, please know that even after you rate me I will be here for you and you can ask follow-up questions if you think of them later on at no further charge of course.

Is there anything more I can help you with at this point in time?