Can a judgement against my home placed about 30 years ago be…

Customer Question
Can a judgement against...

Can a judgement against my home placed about 30 years ago be removed by filing a discharge notice in the land titles office?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

British Columbia, canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

A retired lawyer who did not specialize in real estate law.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I came across this website and now believe this may be a U.S. Service. Is this the case?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Canada Law
12/15/2017
Lawyer: Debra, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Debra, Lawyer

Hello! My name is Debra (formerly known as Legal Ease). Thank you for your question. I'm reviewing it now, and will post back again shortly.

I am a lawyer in Canada and happy to help.

Has the judgment been paid off?

No.
They were filed in County court in BC and County court was dissolved about 10 or more years ago
Am I still just In for $5.00? If so, I do not want to spend anything more and just want to know if it is as simple as my question. If it is too complicated for a yes or no answer I would like to cancel and I will contact a local lawyer/notary for an in depth review and/or hire one or the other.

I have completed my answer. But I am not posting it just yet. This cost is not $5. That would not make sense since you are getting an answer from a senior lawyer. There is an additional cost and you would have already been charged that cost. I don't know what it is.

If you want to go ahead then let me know and I will provide the answer but if you only wanted to pay the $5 then please ask for a refund.

I would like a refund

Please contact customer service. I don't work for the site. I just log in and see a list of questions and choose which to answer.